Pair of Bronze Gasoliers
England | c. 1830
The six bowl support arms with inset interlocking disc decoration capped by acorns above turned fluted tapering columns with oak leaf, acorn and acanthus decoration terminating in stepped plinths with applied paterae to three sides and acanthus mouldings to the bases.
Height: 90” (227cms)
Charles Wearn, Wendens Ambo, Essex.
By tradition, from the old London Stock Exchange which was partially demolished in 1966. Possibly previously from the Bank of England which housed the original London Stock Exchange in its Rotunda. The oak leaf and acorn decoration featured on these gasoliers was also used in the ceiling of the Bank of England.