A REGENCY GILT METAL LANTERN FROM SPECHLEY PARK
England Circa 1811
Height 23” (58.5 cm) width 11” (28cm)
The hexagonal lantern, now fitted for electricity, with a hanging loop atop a central column incorporating a pair of up curved arms with sconces holding twin lights. The six scrolling arms leading to pierced, winged and foliate crests above the vertical uprights which frame the glazed and panelled fascia. One face contains a door with decorated oval handle.
The glazing appears to be original as is the metalwork apart from the electrical fittings. One crest has been replaced.
Spechley Park is a fine Palladian Country House near Worcester, designed by John Tasker and built for Robert Berkeley (1764-1845) in 1811